|Program size||Session dates||Format||Program charges|
(5 hours per week)
|October 19 – December 16, 2022||On-line||$2,195 + HST
Early chook pricing: Register earlier than September 14, 2022, to obtain 10% off your program charges.
View extra reductions
As disruptive improvements and new applied sciences proceed to form our world, being ready to adapt is extra vital than ever. To maintain up, your group will need to have a technique that permits what you are promoting to reply to our altering panorama and embrace rising know-how. From mastering new applied sciences to making sure your groups can efficiently adapt to technological change, keep away from future roadblocks by strengthening your information of digital transformation in the present day.
This eight-week on-line course, developed in partnership with the Ontario Society of Skilled Engineers (OSPE), addresses the influence that know-how is having on our workforce, and helps you uncover new applied sciences and develop a plan for his or her integration into your office. It covers present digital transformation fashions, examples of latest applied sciences and their functions, and affords distinctive case research from a variety of organizations which have undergone their very own profitable digital transformation. Additionally, you will be capable to work together with professionals from numerous industries by peer studying and a facilitated open discussion board. As tens of millions of jobs are displaced by the division of labour between people and know-how, this course prepares you to stability your know-how, folks, and processes, so your group can stay aggressive and agile in in the present day’s market.
Do you know?of transformation initiatives failof firms have stalled in digital transformationof organizations have accelerated transformation
Who ought to enrol
- Professionals who lead or affect their group’s digital transformation.
- Enterprise and know-how leaders in search of to innovate or undertake new applied sciences for his or her office.
Taken with bringing our current packages to your group?
What you’ll study
- Study the influence that know-how could have in your profession.
- Uncover rising digital alternatives and discover the know-how that would be the greatest match on your group.
- Perceive the frequent challenges that organizations face with digital transformation.
- Steadiness the human and organizational elements of digital change.
- Develop a complete plan to information your digital transformation.
- Discover progressive options to keep away from potential roadblocks to your personal digital transformation plans.
- Make the most of sensible instruments and strategies to repeatedly enhance your digital technique.
- Develop your expertise and digital literacy and construct a compelling case for what you are promoting to implement a brand new digital technique.
1:1 COACHING FOR ALL LEARNERS
Advantages on your group
- Enhance your possibilities of success, together with acquiring stakeholder buy-in, when adopting or implementing new know-how.
- Modernize your methods, processes, operations, and customer support.
- Strengthen your useful resource administration to enhance productiveness and improve profitability.
- Enhance what you are promoting’ digital agility for sooner innovation, adaptation, and steady enchancment.
- Skilled instruction from College of Waterloo college.
- Stay educating periods through Zoom each Friday from 12 – 1 p.m. ET (additionally obtainable as recordings).
- Peer discussions and networking alternatives.
- Case research from well-known organizations in a wide range of industries.
- 4 hours of impartial work on-line every week (together with graded assignments and actions).
- Capstone challenge that integrates your studying.
- Attendance requirement: It’s extremely beneficial that contributors attend reside periods, however it isn’t required. Stay periods will likely be recorded and obtainable for later viewing.
ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER?
Peter Carr, PhD, P.L.Eng.
Peter Carr is a unbroken lecturer within the Division of Administration Sciences, and has been consulting on the subject of digital transformation for 18 years. He’s an knowledgeable on the usage of know-how in enterprise and society. His key areas of focus for analysis and educating embrace: know-how innovation and entrepreneurship, the strategic administration of know-how, challenge administration, the usage of social media to enhance enterprise efficiency, know-how in creating international locations, the social influence of data know-how, and on-line studying.
Carr works on the usage of know-how in creating international locations. Most lately this work has included the creation of the Expertise Enabled Training Useful resource Library, with Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi. Previous to that, he contributed to over 20 initiatives with NetHope and the Worldwide Federation of Purple Cross and Purple Crescent Societies. He was the Technical Editor of the e-book “PMP Skilled Research Information, third version” by Joseph Phillips (McGraw Hill, 2009). He has taught Mission Administration and Operations Administration programs internationally, and has been featured in case research by Microsoft and BlackBerry. He has created two challenge administration primarily based on-line simulations. He lately accomplished contributions to a report on digital transformation within the manufacturing sector in Canada.
Carr holds a PhD in lean transformation of conventional manufacturing organizations from Cranfield College in the UK. He additionally has robust ties to business. Previous to becoming a member of the College of Waterloo, he was govt director at the Centre for Progressive Administration at Athabasca College.
Restricted time supply
Signal as much as obtain the course brochure
Within the brochure, you will discover a full week-by-week breakdown of the curriculum and extra particulars about your studying expertise!